View Single Post
Thriftylady 12:04 PM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I have not read all the threads but I wanted to chime in, based on what I considered as a parent.

- Most parents I know are not looking the cheapest care. Even those with low incomes more often look for the best quality for the money or the best deal vs the cheapest care.

- I personally raise an eyebrow to the quality of program of the daycare programs that market the most. Those posted to craigslist everyday make me wonder "what is so wrong with them that they always have openings, etc"

- While I am undecided on if I will opt to be part of a food program I do know it is a big draw to parents so I think you should at least consider it.

I am launching my program in the fall and my marketing plan consist of:

Craigslist Ads
Facebook Groups
Local Yahoo Mom Groups
Care.com

I will be hosting and marketing an open house that I would be hosting at my expense. It would be free to come and check out the space and my program, I would have samples of the work we will be doing, some activities for the kids, food and some activities. (Maybe even a bounce house.)

Also I am considering reaching out to local large employers close to me --- sending a flyer / email to them that they can share with their staff. Maybe even offering a promotion to their staff depending on how much I wanted their children as my clients.

I also plan to send an email out to any and everyone I know letting them know I am launching my business and have spots available and asking for referrals.

Another thing once you are established and have good clients I suggest setting up a Yelp page and asking clients to review you on there.
I feel the opposite about marketing. I mean I have had two spots open for more than a year that I am looking to fill. I don't get a ton of calls in this area, and I am very picky about the families I accept. So the marketing can be a factor like that. Especially with some providers with a lot of slots. I can't imagine trying to fill 12 in this area.