View Single Post
Christian Mother 01:09 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Just tell them that you have loved caring for their children and getting to know them all, but that a wonderful opportunity has come your way and you have decided to take it for the good of your own family.

Your last day of day care will be ## date.

Some may be sad to see you go, but nobody in their right mind can be upset that you are moving on to better things for your family. It what we all want.
I agree,...it's hard not to worry how the parents react to telling them that you have decided to stop doing daycare. I had to also do that with my daycare parents and the reactions varied...I can tell you though that each family although was sad to see me go...they understood completely and wished the best or me and my family.

My circumstances where a little diff. my husband lost his job and he got a awesome job opportunity out of town. During the time my husband was looking which was in town and also out...the parents knew all of this and I let them know I would understand if they looked else where for daycare but that I couldn't promise anything as if he got a good job out of town we would need to relocate and they where wonderful but heart broken. It's hard you want to prepare the parents and you want to do everything in your being to make sure there ok in the transition but you have to do everything you can for your family and allow the other families to take care of them selves. It's really hard...I know...