View Single Post
emosks 11:57 AM 05-01-2012
Here is what I sent:

It is with much regret that I am writing this email to let you know officially that *** *** Child Care will be closing in July 2012. Both of us, myself and ***, are ready to move on to the next chapter of our lives. We have truly enjoyed being a part of your family and caring for your child(ren) over the last 3+ years.

While we hope that you stay with us as your childcare provider until the official closing date...we completely understand if you choose to find care earlier. All we ask is that you still honor the two week notice as stated in your contract. Your deposit paid at the beginning of care will cover (at least part of depending on if you increased or not) your last week of care with *** *** Child Care.

As of right now, the last week we will be open will be the week of July 23rd. As a reminder, your vacation time (if you have not used it yet for your current contract year) cannot be used the final two weeks of care. I know how hard it is to find quality child care which is why I have decided to inform you now rather than 4-6 weeks before closing.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me tonight or talk tomorrow at pick up/drop off. It is just such a hectic time to talk then with children coming and going I chose to send an email instead. Also, please refrain from putting anything on Facebook or any mutual message boards until I know that all of the parents have been notified.

This has been a very hard decision for us and we thank you all for your loyalty and kindness.

Fondly,