View Single Post
dEHmom 07:28 AM 06-14-2011
I agree with what you stated Afterschoolmom, but if you are having problems with them not paying on the friday, you're going to run into problems if they are paying on the day that you are watching their kid. kwim? it's not going to be easy to turn a child away when you open the door and they run in, and mom says i forgot my check book.

I agree that it is their responsibility, but unfortunately, people are not so responsible. For me, it's not like if they didn't pay me I could just go to their bank and take the money out myself. And for me it's not like if they didn't pay me I could still pay my bills. I expect my money on payday as I am counting on that to put food on the table for monday. If I had to wait till monday to receive payment, or tuesday or wednesday, then that's going to affect the care their child will receive.

If you think Mondays will work out well, that's great, I just don't see mondays working well for me, or lots of others. Monday will quickly turn into tuesday wednesday or thursday. I personally see the moving to monday from friday if there are already payment issues with the friday payments, being a light bulb in the parents head.

We have something to lose if we don't make a mortgage payment, we could lose our home. For the parents not paying daycare bills, oh well, they go somewhere else. They may or may not end up in court, and they may or may not have to pay you. Most people think small claims is just a joke. And don't think we'd actually follow through. Where I live, threatening small claims court does nothing. It's a 50/50 shot here whether I would win or they would win. And it's not worth it to take the time to go through the process, unless it's ALOT of money. Daycare around here is not always the most successful in court, but I also have to admit, alot of what you guys deal with in the USA doesn't happen very often here. It does happen, but not nearly as much. Daycare is SO HARD TO FIND around here that no one is willing to mess up a good thing. And being a small community, they know that if they tarnish their name, they will never find another daycare, or at least not one that they'd want to take their kids to.

wow i wrote a novel, sorry.
I know you are not being argumentative. It's ok, take a look at the date it's that time around here.

I'm just expressing my opinion on the monday payments, as I see that being much more of a heart ache then beneficial.