View Single Post
blessedmess8 08:45 AM 08-30-2011
Thanks, Blackcat! I am not new to daycare and have had lots of expperience with parents - good and bad experiences. I appreciate the constructive criticism, but was surprised at some things in a thread where I specifically asked for reassurance about WHAT I was doing in possibly terminating a child. The letter had been sent, so there was no going back and editing anything at that point! There is a time and place for everything! As providers I'd hope we'd uplift one another at least as often as we play devil's advocate or criticize. This particular situation seems to be working for me. By being up front with my own feelings and frustrations, it seems Mom is feeling able to be open about her's as well. Before, I think she felt the need to come accross as a great Mom who loved all her time with her child! (You know how judgmental we providers can be!) Now, we've got it all out on the table and neither of us has to pretend we are enjoying our days with the screaming, upset child! They have a Dr. Appointment with a different physician this afternoon. I think intuition is a key trait for this profession. That, and compassion. I don't know how this will end, but I'm handling it the best I know how and I am appreciative of all the advice and the sharing of others' knowledge and experiences! I am especially grateful for the encouragement and words of affirmation, as this is difficult for me!