View Single Post
iheartkids 08:05 AM 10-22-2011
Parents won't read it...or if they do they will turn every problem around on what YOU'RE doing wrong. Believe me, I've dealt with hundreds of families over the years and when their parenting skills are being criticized they turn the blame on something else. I've found that it works best to tell the parents "these are the problems I am having here and here are the things I AM TRYING TO DO to change them", a lot of times the parents will jump on board because they want to work as a team with you. If they feel like you are shaking your finger at them they will rebuttle (not sure if I spelled that right :P).
I was once on the other side of this when I put my DD in gymnastics. The teacher was a college student with no authority in her voice or her plans. When the kids just wanted to run around and play she had a meeting with the parents telling US that we don't discipline our children enough and that is why they act up in class. Needless to say my husband and I rolled our eyes and pulled her out. Sent her to another more experienced instructor and she did great..