Thread: Injury Policy?
View Single Post
Barb 01:34 PM 03-03-2012
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
Just wondering what everyone has as far as an injury policy?! How do you state it in your contract?
I had an interview with a mom who's child is very "fragile" due to medical reasons. It is very easy for the child to break bones. This honestly makes me nervous. I will always do my best to make sure nothing happens. BUT what if it does and its as simple as a little fall? How can I protect myself and my family legally? I do not currently have daycare insurance. I would love to find an affordable company but in the mean time is it wrong, not even legal or unthinkable to put in some kind of clause that relieves me of any possible lawsuit or financial backlash god for bid something happens? Or medical bills?
OR....... How can I comfortably deny this family if I decide its to much??
ANY advice would be great, Thanks
I dont think there is a legal clause stating that you can not refuse child care to a parent's child. Unless you are able to staff and equip your home day care to accommoodate this child, its okay to deny a family based on what your day care can or can not accomodate. Simply explaining this to the parent/parents that you are unable to accommodate their child, due to the fact that caring for this child needs special attention and possibly special equipment, it will take away the attention and care needed for the other children. This is an honest professional answer. Its always good to have some resources available of other daycare facilities who can accomodate children with physical impairments. This way you can refer the parent to them.