View Single Post
momofboys 03:12 PM 06-22-2012
I previously posted (yesterday I think) about a DCP "yelling" at me regarding concern about their child potentially getting hurt at my home & how if said child got hurt they would have to pay $$$$ out of their own pocket for ER visit, etc. The parent's tone irritated me & was uncalled for, almost insinuating that they expect their child can't ever incur an injury while in my care. Now I feel like I have to walk around on pins & needles to appease this parent. I want to let them know that how he approached me was uncalled for & remind them about the emergency form consent they signed that states they have to pay for all fees incurred & hold me blameless if their child gets hurt while in my care. Please help - how does this sound (to be noted - DCP conducted this meeting with me when he dropped off the kids & later my own 9-year-old child said - "Mom, so & so's dad is MEAN!" I am also struggling with whether I want to keep this family or not - I am mad that said parent got angry with me while my children watched, probably thinking this is normal. I don't want to put up with a parent who will blow their lid at me.

"Dear Trash-Mouth Parent:

After our conversation on Thursday I wanted to remind you of the emergency consent form you signed for Billy & Tommy's care. By signing this form you agreed to hold me blameless for any accident that occurs with the boys while in my care. This form also states that you will be responsible for all fees associated with any accident that occurs while the children are in my care.

I also wanted to let you know that if you have concerns to please bring them up to me on the phone or call to set up an appointment. The hours I provide care is not an appropriate place to discuss any issues you may have as I am busy caring for the children.

Sincerely,
Me