View Single Post
e.j. 11:34 AM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I admit there have been times over the years I have worked with parents when it comes to payments but ONLY if I have a good relationship with them and ONLY if I know that child care payments are a priority for them and that they are being truthful....as we all know money issues happen sometimes.

However, in this particular case, this mom was absolutley disresepctful to you as she KNEW you said "NO-pay NO-stay" and then STILL showed up anyways?!?!

To me, that says, "I really don't take anything you say seriously and if I show up, you will be FORCED to take my child." How utterly rude and disrespectful.

Did she think you would take one look at her child and feel so sad that you would cave....not that you dodn't feel horrible....just that she EXPECTED you to!! I am sorry, but that is pretty ballsy if you ask me.

I think that by turning her away for no payment, you taught her a valuable lesson. I think you definitely did the right thing.
Couldn't have said it better. I've never had to pull a "no pay - no stay" on any one but my dc parents have never treated me with such disrespect, either. You told her what was going to happen if she didn't pay you. She called your bluff and is learning the consequences. As Blackcat said, you taught her a valuable lesson.