Thread: Injury Policy?
View Single Post
Lucy 01:50 PM 11-07-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
you should really try to get some legal advice. laws are different in every state, but for the most part, if someone gets hurt on your property - you're liable, period.

think about it - if everyone could have a clause in their contract instead of paying for insurance - that's what everyone would do bc they'd save a lot of money! they don't though bc it still doesn't protect them.

i always thought field trip permission forms that said, "you're giving your permission and we're not liable if anything happens, etc, etc" were valid and would protect teachers if something happened on a field trip. wrooooong. i was told to still get them signed to prove parents knew their child was going somewhere, but other than that, they aren't worth the paper they're written on.

i could be wrong and there might be a way to get around it, but i'd def. get a professional opinion.
Agree completely. Those waiver forms are worth nothing except for the fact that the parents can't say they weren't told there would be a trip. Other than that, you CAN be sued if an injury occurs and it is found that you were in any way negligent (which can be any little technicality).