View Single Post
Annalee 06:23 AM 08-18-2019
I think I've posted many of the latest post on "what is good" lately, but trying to re-group myself and control some things I can control. As I stated in other threads, it's not just Daycare issues that overtake me, but things within my own extended family and my immediate home.

Over the past few weeks, EVERY evening, my oldest and I ( he is my best worker but has a job plus school)have been cleaning out the basement. I am embarrassed to say how long this has been needed. DH father passed in 2003 and he lived in another state so we Uhauled all his stuff back to our basement. Yes 2003, but it was the kind of things where "will I use this" "I hate to get rid of this", etc.

Thankfully, we are down to a small truck load for the dump. It had to be done. I felt the best I have felt in a long time yesterday. Makes me want to do more around the house.

Carpet removal is planned for the Spring with new flooring and tile for my kitchen. We built this house 25 years ago when we married, but it is TIME!

So the moral of the story is, Get to work and "fix" what you can because it's the "little things" that make the difference. No one else may notice, but I know within myself what I've accomplished.