View Single Post
Unregistered 11:09 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
This is what I started out with on my handbook. Please let me know what you think so far. I need to add information about no sibling discounts, late pick up fees, and NSF checks....feel free to tell me what you have in comparison. Thanks!

Welcome!
My name is Abigail *** and I am a licensed family childcare provider. I am CPR and First Aid Certified. This handbook covers my childcare philosophies, business policies and expectations. Please take the time to read this handbook carefully and feel free to discuss with me any questions you may have.

Hours of Operation
Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 AM-5:30 PM with some flexibility. We will sit down and figure out the hours you need care plus a fair commute time and these hours will become your “scheduled” hours. Any changes to your schedule will need to be discussed and re-scheduled based on the availability of that spot.

Tuition
Your specific rates will be outlined in your contract agreement. Payment is due no later than 5:30 PM Friday for the following week of care. If this day is a holiday, payment is expected on the previous day. If you go away on vacation, payment is due BEFORE you leave. If it is my planned day(s) off, your payment is expected BEFORE I leave. In cases of illness, your payment is still expected unless other arrangements have been previously made. If I close due to my own illness or emergency, payment will be expected at drop-off on your child’s first day back.

Payments may be made by cash or check and should be made out to Abigail ***. Checks must be dated for the day they are due. Post-dated checks WILL NOT be accepted. There will be a $10 late fee per day for any payments received after the due date.

Late Fee Sample:
After 5:30 PM Friday Payment: Weekly tuition + $10
Saturday Payment: Weekly tuition + $20
Sunday Payment: Weekly tuition + $30
Monday Drop-Off Payment: Weekly tuition + $40

If payment is not received by drop-off time on Monday, childcare will not be provided until payment and any applicable late fees are paid in full. You will be liable for any and all costs of collection with regard to delinquent tuition fees. Repeated late payments may be grounds for immediate TERMINATION.
I have included the following to cover NSF fees as my bank charges businesses extra fees besides the typical $30 NSF fees. I got burned on it 2x, once b/c a check wasn't signed and once b/c mom wrote a check out of dads business account and wasn't authorized (they were getting divorced and I didn't know) and then wrote this:

If I incur bank fees due to your payment method (checks not signed, checks not authorized, bad checks, etc.) I will pass those fees onto you and an additional $30 fee. You are responsible for all fees prior to the next day of care or care will be terminated. Additionally, provider may charge you late fees starting on the day payment was due and was not received due to your bad payment. Provider reserves the right to require cash only payments for any and all families with no prior notice required.