View Single Post
Unregistered 12:52 PM 01-04-2016
I was met with this issue today!!

Little one just turned 2 in November. Has been going on the potty for several months but NEVER initiates it. If you ask her if she has to go she says yes but only actually goes sometimes. I did the timed taking her to potty for about a week, when she still never initiated I quit that and have been just sitting her on potty before/after nap.

Mom shows up today and tells me "We're" trying underwear. I said that's great so she's telling you she has to go now?? (I haven't seen her in 2 weeks because of the break). Mom says no, she still is not initiating "we're just staying on top of it"....She was less than thrilled when I told her that was not how it was going to go here.

How is this potty training a child?? It's training the adults to predict when child has to go but I don't see how this is really potty training? How does she think I have time to be taking her child to the bathroom every hour? It's not quick either because she doesn't necessarily have to go so I'd end up standing there coaching her for several minutes trying to get her to go while the other children (all under 2 by the way) are unsupervised....I don't think so!