Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
laundrymom 09:52 AM 11-17-2010
Here,.. in this house,.. Santa is real,... period. As real as the gray in my hair, the dishes in the sink, and the dirt on the mat out front. Here,... Santa ROCKS. Santa and other childhood beliefs are alive and well here. When you stop believing in the magic,.. you become the magic. Last year,... my daughter found out about the tooth fairy,... we were sitting as a family and she said something about putting her tooth under her pillow. Then she looked at me, my husband, my then 18 yr old son,.. and said,.. yes, I should go put it in there right??? and she looked at her big bubby with big crocodile tears,... and said,.. right bubby,....??? He said,.. Yes sweetie,.. go ahead,.. and she took about 3 steps,.. turned around and grabbed him,... crying,.. bubby,... its Mommy isnt it? well,.. he cried, she cried,.. and we all came clean,.. and reminded her that because of the babies she had to be part of the magic,... (the daycare families) then she sat down,... looked at me,.. and said,.. what about easter bunny? I just smiled at her,.... then she point blank said,.. Well I know Santa is real because You guys cant afford cool presents like his..... then Daddy took her in his arms,... hugged her,.. and tears began to fall down this big tough guys face,.. and she just weeped,... She became part of the magic at that moment. She knows,... Santa is the magic, until you dont believe, then you become the magic for others. It was hard on all of us when our baby became the magic. ItHere, if a daycare child had told the secret, I wouldnt have called the mom, I would have called the child, and asked WHAT ON EARTH WOULD MAKE HER DO SUCH A MEAN HATEFUL THING? then I would have told mom that either she discuss with the child how serious an issue it is,.. or she could find other care for her. I dont play with things like this. If she ever said something that inappropriate again,.. she could consider it grounds for termination. That is a respect thing. SHe chose not to respect the rules, people and things in my home,.. and that is a contractual thing. As far as the whole Christmas idea and Is there or isnt there? Here, Im a private, for profit, childcare in an openly christian home. If you don't want your child in a christian environment then you wouldnt have them here.