Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
legomom922 10:40 AM 11-19-2010
Mommy muffin,

It's not that I discriminate, however I want to have the liberty and the freedom to pray with the children before meal times, read them christian storybooks, do christian crafts (those that you would find at sunday school, which I also used to do). I want to be able to talk freely and teach about Jesus.

I also have learned from previous expieriences, that having a non christian child in a christian centered DC, does not work. I tried it once. They did not want me to teach the child to say grace at meal time, etc. Their reason for choosing me to begin with was that they wanted good morals and values taught to their child, and thought a christ centered DC would do just that. However they wanted the good morals & values taught without Christ being involved. It didn't work...So it taught me a lesson.

I advertise as being a Christian DC to attract the famlies that are looking for that type of environment. I now interview more in depth of what I do and what I expect and ask what do they expect from me. If they don't want Christ brought into their childs upbringing, now I tell them they would not be a good fit into my DC, same as anyone esle would would do if they felt the family was not fit for any other reason. In the past, my DC celebrates Jesus Birthday, and we even make a cake. Santa is never brought into my home, and the parents whom I have, have chosen me for a reason, and it works for me. Same with halloween. My DC parents know halloween is celebrated here. Instead we have a Fall Harvest Party. Thanksgiving is not about eating turkey in my house either. Instead kids are taught that Thanksgiving is a time we thank the Lord for all of his blessings upon us. Anyway, you get the idea.

If you choose to advertise your DC as a Christian Christ centered center, you will be blessed with the kids that God does choose to come to you. A parent whom does not believe in God, is not going to use your daycare anymore than they would take their child to a sunday school class, unless they are thinking of switching.

Good luck in whatever path you take.