View Single Post
TwinKristi 02:48 PM 09-24-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is pretty much what I said so I am not seeing/understanding how what I said in my previous post about doing nothing illegal being untrue?

OP should have left a note and from the sounds of it IS available for unannounced visits but the timing of them have just been "off" for various reasons...all of which would be solved by leaving a note which is what I suggested as well.

I didn't read anywhere that the OP was operating illegally.
I didn't say she was illegally doing anything? I was just clarifying that they do have the right to say she needs to make up her mind on how she's operating her daycare. If she's going to be exempt and not want to get up for an 8am inspection than don't maintain licensure. Otherwise, you agree to open your doors for inspection. She was home and just didn't want to get up because she was tired and she didn't have kids there. My point is it doesn't work that way. You can't say I am now exempt because I have 1 kid and don't have to be available for inspections on my day off. It sucks but it's true. Bottom line is she has missed 2 unannounced visits and it doesn't matter why to licensing.