View Single Post
Unregistered 12:37 PM 10-22-2010
I know what you're saying. Before I started my day care, I worked outside the home and was thrilled to be able to spend every minute of my time off with my kids. Snow days, sick days, dr. appointments, etc -- I looked forward to them all! I didn't care if I was paying for child care and not using it; I was just happy to have that extra time with my kids.

Although I felt that way, I can understand why some parents choose to bring their kids to day care even though they are home. I think some parents choose to bring their kids to day care because they think the kid is happy playing with their friends. I have a couple of kids who ask to come on weekends because they miss it here when they're home. I can also understand the need to get things done that you can't do as easily when the kids are around. I can even understand wanting time to yourself just to relax a little knowing your child is being well cared for. As a provider, I love getting that little break that even one kid's absence gives me but I figure if a parent is paying me for child care, they have a right to bring the kids here even on their days off even if it's not the choice I would have made. There have been times, though, when I wished I could have afforded to offer 1/2 price to anyone who wanted to keep their kids home! lol