View Single Post
momofboys 12:37 PM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
everyone wants to get paid the maximum for the least amount of work - that's the way it is, and daycare is no different.

if you want to be real about it, it has less to do with anyone being concerned about a child spending quality time with their parents and more to do with not wanting to work if you feel like you "shouldn't have to."

i know several ladies at a daycare i worked for in the past who couldn't stand it if a child came when the parent was off - and that included the "good parents" who normally picked up early, paid on time, etc. it didn't matter. if they weren't working, their kids shouldn't be there! of course, most daycare provider's work during all business hours M-F so they don't have the opportunity to go to the bank or the post office, etc. how annoying - someone else gets the day off to do those things and they bring their child to you AND pay you to keep them! the audacity!

this has been debated a million times and it's really pointless. provider's get paid to keep children. they get paid whether or not the parents are working, shopping, or having a freak session in their basement. it doesn't really matter and it's nobody's business.
This is why I do not have a policy where the parents have to pay whether they come or not. I must have advance notice but if a parent has the day off I find it encouraging that they won't use $$$ as a reason to have their child in my home because they don't have to pay if they don't come (unless they call off sick!).