View Single Post
Unregistered 07:24 AM 09-15-2015
She had several vials of blood drawn at a local hospital to test her blood. She did have the tests and I have a 7 page report reflecting that her results but both her pediatrician and her doctor told me not to give the whole report to the daycare because they are being so extreme about this whole ordeal. She's showing high levels for her Immunoglobulin E IgE her results came back as 675.0 out of .4 - 351.6. What this part of the test means is that she is in general going to naturally be allergic to various things in life but there is no way to test her for every single thing in life.

I have to weed out things as I see them but I cannot do that without the cooperation of other care providers and I cannot run to the doctor every time I need to temporarily remove something to see what is causing the reaction and that being said it's a month long wait to get in to see this doctor to begin with.

On this test, she has tested high for things she has shown zero reaction to and she eats daily. The doctor instructed me that if I do not witness any reactions to things that she eats even if she shows a high levels to not remove it from her diet.... hence why I am not supposed to give them the whole packet of testing results.

If I made the huge mistake of giving them all the results (against my doctors instruction) they are being so rigid that they would not allow her to eat or drink anything ever. The doctor instructed me this before he even went over the test with me.

Can they test for specific things.... they can but they cannot test for every single solitary thing in life while she is this young.... actually I am an adult and have had a lot of allergy scratch testing myself due to chronic severe sinus problems. I know it would be impossible to test for everything in life but they can run much larger tests at older ages. At this stage, you locate the possible triggers and test for those. I cannot locate triggers if the daycare is not cooperative.

This facility is the only one that busses to my other child's school.