View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:07 AM 12-29-2012
Whew~ I see a few issues with this situation.
You are letting this mom walk all over you and aren't doing anything about it. You are allowing her to squeeze by here and there and for whatever reason not have to follow your policies because you feel bad.

I understand that, but is she feeling bad because you have to ask for your paycheck? Is she feeling badly because you are waiting on her? Waiting for payment, waiting for schedule? waiting for communication? waiting for her to get her ducks in a row. Woman, take charge and stop letter her drive the boat!

You need a couple things:

A FIRM non-negotiable pay schedule. I have ALL payments due on or before Friday of each week by 5 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS, NO EXCUSES. Late fees are automatically added on and I will NOT negotiate them or remove them.

A deadline for ALL schedules; My scheduling rules say ALL schedules are due WITH payment prior to services. If a family turns their schedule in late, (even 10 minutes past 5PM) they are charge the drop in fee for that week AND may not have space available to them. NOT my problem is families cannot let me know in a timely manner when they need me.

A hefty late fee $10 for 1st late pymt, $20 for 2nd late pymt and $30 AND termination for the 3rd late fee.

some serious follow through: You are a business women. Stop letting this mom's scatterbrain and unorganization be your issue. If you send out newsletters, emails or any kind of correspondence or communication it is HER responsibility to read it and follow through on it. If you set a deadline and she missed it, then that is not your problem. She can't come back and say she didn't read it or whatever. NOT your problem.

Stand your ground and follow through on your own policies because if you don't, why should she?

FWIW ~ at this point I would probably term and let her know that you are just not the right fit for her and that she needs to find care that is a little more relaxed about schedules and payments....you know, like a babysitter or a grandma....not someone who is trying to make a living or pay the bills....which is impossible when you have a client who is all over the place with schedules, payments and communication.

Hang in there....