View Single Post
laundrymom 10:00 AM 12-07-2010
Good luck,.. !

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Now that my baby will be a month I decided it was time for me to advertise for a spot that I've had open for some time but had decided not to advertise for until the baby came. I posted an ad on Friday and got two calls by Monday with two interviews; one yesterday and one today.

Anyway, I had an interview yesterday but I got a wierd vibe from the mom. She's VERY talkative, extremely energetic and didn't really ask much about the daycare. The only question she did ask was about what supplies I provided and which ones she needed to supply. She did however ask if she could hold my infant . She also made teasing comments about her son that made me uncertain. Like she noticed the kids table and chairs and said "Oh, that's cute. Too bad I can't have one like that. He'd be on that thing in 2 seconds and launching himself off of it" (then laughing), and noticing my front screen door and saying "Oh yeah if mine gets left cracked open he'd be flying out the door in 2 seconds and good luck" and comments like that. Maybe he was being good during the interview but I didn't see any behavior like that but it made me queasy to think that maybe her son is wild. Normally if I like someone I'll give them a "Parent Packet" right after the interview to review and bring back but I DID NOT give her one lol. I'll see if she calls me back or not.

I have an interview today as well and that mom seemed very nice over the phone. So I'm hoping that one will go great. There is also a "friend of a friend" interested in the spot but I have not heard from her so I'm filling the spot with whoever wants it first. It's just awsome to see that I have leads and at least I have interest in the spot.