View Single Post
legomom922 06:31 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I wonder about this. I don't think Tom knows the whole story.

The old contract may be valid, BUT, if the provider breeched the contract, by changing her closing hours to 2:30 instead of 4:30 without advance notice, making it impossible for the parent to use care because she works until 4:00 on some days, is the contract still valid?

I think you need to clarify this with Tom. I find it hard to believe that you can press the matter when YOU changed the contract, verbally, when you told the parent you would no longer care for her child after 2:30 because you MAY need to make doctor's appointments.
First of all I didn't change my closing hours. She changed her schedule which made it impossible for me to work around weather it was appointments, or other clients. i offered her "specific contracted hrs" of 630am-230pm m-f which fell in between my operating hours, based on her most common needs for care, which for the last semister, pick up was usually anywhere between 1130-2, and drop off was anywhere from 630-9am.

I didn't change the contract. She changed her schedule and when ever she would change her schedule, i would draw up a new contract. This time, I did not agree with her changes, so a new contract was not drawn up. A new contract would have drwn up IF she had accepted my offer letter.

Bottom line is I need a client who has consistent hrs, and is not going to tell me 8 hrs in advance that there times has changed ...again.