View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 06:49 AM 05-23-2020
We are affected. Our basement had 2 to 3 feet of water. We had a finished basement, so we had to take all of that out. We are 1/2 mile from the river. At first the fire dept said we should leave but could stay if we wanted, so we decided to stay. Then the next day when the 2nd dam failed, they came in and said it was mandatory evac. They were taking people out in the back of fire truck pickups. We have a pickup so we were ok. There are 2 ways into our neighborhood. One was already completely flooded and the other was flooded too, but the fire dept thought if we made a caravan and drove slow we could make it. There was 2 fire truck pickups, then our neighbor in an equinox and then us. The fire dept said if you see him having trouble getting through to push him with our truck. It was terrifying. The water came up to the middle of our grill in our Ford F150. It was so deep that the people waiting behind us to go through they stopped them and said they couldn't go it was too deep. We spent the night at my inlaws and then my son, my bil and hubby got waders and waded in the next day as the water had receeded a foot. Finally able to get back home and our neighborhood is devastated. Neighbors on the next street over had water up to the basement ceiling, my friend around the corner her basement wall caved in. Her home is 100% loss. This is a drone video of our neighborhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5m4...fWD42-H5NOS5vM