View Single Post
Luvnmykidz 05:13 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Honestly, I think a 2 strikes policy is at all appropriate for a 19 month old. That is barely out of baby hood, and while behaviors are undesirable, they are not capable of self-control at that age.

A four year old, honestly, that's "stupid enough" (I mean that kindly) to put his finger in another child's mouth would get minimal sympathy from me. Obviously, I wouldn't tell him "it's your own fault, dummy", but I know my mom would have said that!

I would document, I guess, although if there is no mark what-so-ever, I'd question even that. Maybe only because there are other behaviors with this child. None of it sound that unusual, but sometimes it's not the behavior, it's the quantity of the behavior that raises those red flags.
I so agree. I told the 4 year old that he needs to make better choices and not put his fingers in anyone's faces. If it was my child I would have told them its their fault for doing something that dumb.(maybe in a nicer way but, the same thing). 4yr old DCB's dad told him that's what he gets for doing something so dumb. He also spoke to him about me having to tell him constantly to stay out of the 19 month olds face. 19 month old dcb's mom was very apologetic and told him he can not bite. I feel like that long after the fact he doesn't get what he did wrong. I had planned not to enforce a 3 strikes and your out policy for him given his age....but dcm dropped off this morning and said that he bit his 6 month old sibling last night before bedtime, because he was upset. So I told her that yesterday was his 1st strike and he has 2 more before care is terminated. I understand biting is not always something that can be fixed that easily, but I don't want the liability of him biting anyone, especially the infant.