View Single Post
nanglgrl 03:36 PM 02-13-2017
I totally understand what you're saying. Every time we speak up to say a reg doesn't make sense we are regarded as not caring about children when in fact we're just not butt-kissers who go along with everything and try to add a little common sense into the equation. It doesn't matter what studies we bring up. It doesn't matter if we can show that it doesn't make sense, isn't doable or takes away from ACTUAL high quality care.
It happens to teachers as well. If they want more pay or disagree with a new method they must not care about the children and they must be money hungry. Apparently anyone that works with children should do it for free/cheap because they love children and keep their mouth closed.
I spent about 6 hours this weekend doing homework to finish my BA in ECE and then spent another 14 hours on new trainings we have to do because of the new federal regs. Then I got groceries and cleaned the house for daycare on Monday. Not having any down time or me time does not help me be a better provider come Monday, it does the opposite. The training is worthless and stuff that anyone with common sense should know BUT it's mandated because unfortunately common sense isn't a requirement to become a provider. Can I just please test out of how to sanitize and disinfect and can I opt out if safe sleep, transportation and giving medication since I don't take infants and don't transport or administer meds? No, instead I get to waste my weekend. Sure I could have done it a little at a time over the month but then it's constantly on my "to-do" list stressing me out.
In my state we have the option to be unregistered which means no training, no unannounced or announced visits etc. and only one less child (but no one ever checks how many children you have and they basically do nothing if you're not in compliance) so guess how many providers just went unregistered with the new regs?