View Single Post
Unregistered 06:45 AM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I understand what you are saying, I do.

This is publicly available information through the State. I do not advertise locally, I am a private home. I typically only have openings every 4 years or so.

My States website AND Parents Resource Referral Agencies list my price, hours, ages accepted, services offered, menu samples, training, inspections, background checks, etc.

I have no secrets.

So for me, if a prospective client is calling and asking "What do you charge?" they most likely have not taken the time to research or even read two bulleted paragraphs on their own.

IME of 17 years of doing this.... A client who does not take the time to research providers BEFORE calling to schedule an interview is going to be a client I have to "spoon feed" all policies and procedure to constantly.

I specialize in medically brittle children and simply don't have the time or energy for that. I do childcare, not adult care. I hope that makes sense??
Ah...gotcha. It's not a requirement in my state for anyone to be registered with the state if it's just a smaller family home daycare, so researching online wouldn't necessarily yield me any of that info.