View Single Post
KnoxMom 12:32 PM 05-15-2013
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
I love Reggio and I plan to have studio time during our day, but I'm not calling it atlier because most people glaze over/give me a blank stare when I use that term! I am just describing it as "studio time"--and I'm putting a bit of a description of how it differs from normal arts and crafts time.

Excited to hear more about your program!
That makes sense. I sometimes take for granted that because a DCP is interested in me & my Reggio-inspired program, he/she must already know what the atelier is! I suppose unless you speak french or study the approach, the term is obscure. I love the freedom the children have to explore and learn from so many different materials outdoors and in the art studio. I'm still learning how to incorporate documentation without driving myself crazy! (TIME CONSUMPTION). Anywho, I'm going off topic. 3 more inquiries including a teacher I wasn't expecting so much interest this fast. Looking through CL, I can see where providers have been posting the same ads for the same openings for months so I was a bit worried.

P.S.

I added a "from the provider" section. I hope it isn't too informal as I already list my credentials elsewhere on the site (CPR/First Aid Training, Bachelor's, etc.) and I didn't want to re-hash my qualifications. I plan on adding more later, but I wanted to at least throw a static page in there for it. Also, my enrollment packet is finally uploaded! Boy, did that thing need some work! Thank you all for your support and feedback. It helps more than you know. Happy Hump Day!