View Single Post
Former Teacher 04:24 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I just would like to share with you all information about Pell Grants, which help pay for college courses. The grants are for up to $5800 per year, with eligible students recieving half in the fall term and half in the spring term. These are Government Grants that do not have to be repaid. They more than cover the expense for a junior/community college, as well as for books. They can be used for both on-campus and on-line courses. You should first register with the school you plan to attend, and then apply for the grants. It is free to apply. The grants re based on your annual Adjusted Gross income on your tax return, as well as your family size. You can apply for the grants here:

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Once you apply, the information will be sent to the school you have selected and the school will pay you your grants. You can, at most colleges, also apply for a Board of Governors Fee Waiver. This is in addition to the Pell Grants and it pays for your classes/units.

This is how I have paid for school. Let me know if you have any questions.

Crystal: I don't mean to offend because you know much I respect you, but what does this thread have anything to do with childcare/daycare? I saw you fussed at someone on another thread because they got off topic. I was just curious as to why you would post something like this.

Is it because maybe providers here can take a courses on childcare? Like I said I don't mean to offend or anything. Its just that there is no referance to children etc.. in here.