View Single Post
Unregistered 06:27 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Why are you not a greeter at Walmart, an employee at Subway, an up-and-coming actress?
This is perceived as offensive? I tossed out the first three random jobs I could think of, considering I had Subway for dinner, had gone to Walmart for some shopping before picking up my kids, and was skimming over a thread on the latest up-and-comers in Hollywood on E.T. or some such site while wondering about whether or not to write this thread. I see absolutely nothing offensive about it. I named three different professions, all three in the forefront of my mind at that particular moment. Why would it be offensive to be a greeter at Walmart, or to have a job at Subway?

I will say this, even though I disagree rather vehemently with the picture you all paint of this forum, I love the way you are sticking up for each other. The sense of community is nice. I would have loved some input from parents on this though. I'm curious about their take on it.

Do I expect, or even want, this forum to change? Um, no, and I don't believe I have stated that anywhere. I said I was honestly curious about why there was so much negativity. You all answered with your thoughts on it, which I appreciate. Did it change my perception? No, it did not, because the way people describe the threads here is vastly different from the way they come across when you actually read them. And that's okay, because the beauty of the internet is that you can just close a page when you don't feel like reading it anymore.

Like I said, I truly appreciate everybody's input. I ask one courtesy though: instead of automatically assuming that something is meant to be offensive, why not just ask for clarification?

Oh, and one more thing: I work 40 hours a week. In a daycare facility. Just thought I'd mention it.