View Single Post
happymom 11:18 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
oh man. Have you spoken to licensing again? Insurance hassles are a nightmare. I wouldn't pay the bill, because that's admitting you're responsible for it. I would tell the director it is her responsibility to pay it and THEY can wait for insurance reimbursement. Pretty soon, it will bump to collections and be on your credit report.
Exactly, the girl in billing advised me not to pay it also. She said that there are no late fees or anything until it is 60 days past due. They will send a bill out at the 30 day mark and at 60 days it will go to collections.

I told daycare it needs to be taken care of before it goes 30 days late. I am a little concerned since they are asking that I provide them with the EOB and stating that they do not need a HCFA (which is what I was told they need). I told them that I'm just going to give them copies of everything that I am sent and they can sort through it. I'm willing to bet the insurance company is the same as mine since it's the most popular one in the area, but insurance claims and medical billing is something I don't have a lot of familiarity with.