View Single Post
Unregistered 08:00 PM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Hmm. Perhaps the problem isn't daycare, but your job. Pretty heartless that your boss doesn't understand the time it takes for parents to care for their children. Your efforts would be better spent protesting better time off to care for your child and changing the mindset that work is more important than children. Then a snow day wouldn't matter and your poor child wouldn't have to spend open to close in a daycare.
Thank you for responding logically rather than emotionally.

I do agree about the job. I mean, there are some non-essential services that some of us provide and no one will die if a we miss the day or even the deadline.

But there ARE times when the entire city keeps running, but the schools and DCPs just opt-out. If the weather is ACTUALLY dangerous, I find my phone/pc to tell my boss not to count on me--only to find that she has already reached out saying she is not expecting me. Those kinds of weather days are rare. But school and daycare closings are far less rare.

Imagine you are taking your kid home, and the receptionist tells you, "Don't forget, we are closed tomorrow". You ask why and you are told that it is like parent teacher conference day [something]. You look at your 15-month old and wonder, "What on earth does that have to do with this place? Everyone here is 5 and under!"

Yes, I eventually learned expect to numerous days off of the school calendar, but to then have the unscheduled days piled on--I had had enough. I got myself a plan to get what I needed, expected and had paid for.