Thread: Snow/Cold Days
View Single Post
maelb05 09:41 AM 01-29-2019
I do realize I need to change the way I think about these situations, it just tough! And yes, I have been given all sorts of reasons already this week. One today: "I have been scrambling all morning to make several appointments for myself today."
A question I do have though is, what happens when these families bring their children and then can't get back to pick them up because the weather has gotten so awful or their car breaks down in the cold weather? (One DCM is on her own this week because is out of town for work)
Also, I have noticed that these families tend to pick up as late as possible on days they are off. Their contracted hours are until my close time, but when they are working, they come up to a half hour before I close. Does anyone have a policy in place about if a family is late picking up on days that they are off or at home for the day? Or do you just treat it the same as you would if they were working in terms of a late fee. I have always felt that you don't have an excuse to be late if you are coming from home(have the day off), but maybe I need to change my way of thinking on this too?
I do allow my families vacation days (pro rated depending on their schedule) each year as well, but nobody ever takes advantage of them.