View Single Post
tenderhearts 11:56 AM 05-30-2017
The only thing that concerned me at first that it could be a problem was, a couple days after the interview, after they had called and wanted the spot she had questions about my husband working from home. She wanted to know if the door was left locked during the day, and if his clients came into the home ect. I told her that the door is not left locked as he frequents coming in and out, I explained all of it very well to her, I told her his clients do not come in to the home but he does have clients throughout the day in the garage and shop, they drop off stuff and pick up stuff they do not stay extended periods. No one has ever questioned this but I get it.

She explained why she was concerned as was the reason for their change in childcare.
she said where her daughter was going when she picked up there were always a bunch of different people in the home, people she didnt know and these people were around the daycare kids. I understood her concern as I would be upset by that. I wanted her to know know everything because at first I thought hmm maybe this wouldn't be a good fit but as I talked with her and explained that I can't ever say someone may not be in the house and gave her an example that my son very very rare occassion may forget something and him and a friend may come into the home for 5 min to get something and leave (that is NOT against state regs). I also wanted her to know that my husband plays a huge roll in my daycare, he gets to know them, he doesn't "care" for them but he likes to be silly with them and she said she was totally fine with that and appreciated that. She just didn't want a bunch of people sitting around waching ball games every day.
I explained to her that this is a home based business and I'm not going to stop my "home" from being a home.
So this was all explained to her and I asked her if she was ok with all of it and she said yes she seemed like she was be honest.
Even if they were still feeling uneasy about it, common courtesy would have been to call me and tell me.