Thread: Hating This....
View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 08:28 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Yes, I homeschool my own children at nap time. Nap time is 2 hours or a little more, depending on how tired my littles are. My kids are 14 and 16. They have a lot of independent work they can do, and that 2 hours a day allows us to do anything "group" together, help with anything they are having trouble with, give instruction for independent work, etc.

Actually, 2 hours a day was the average time that we spent on school even when they were younger. If you think about when you were in school, how much time per day was spent on getting into a classroom, taking attendance, settling kids down, getting ready to go to lunch or other classes, coming back, settling down, recess, getting ready to go home, etc? Not to mention that during the actual instruction, you can only go as fast as the slowest learner. If one child doesn't "get it" much more instruction time will be spent until the whole class "seems" to understand the material. With my kids I could take as long as they needed or zip on through if they "got it" quickly.

So there's my long answer to your question....lol.
Thank you

And to answer yours... "...when you were in school...?"
I was homeschooled - 5 hours a day, five days a week! So that is my experience with it. If you can get er done in 2, why not