View Single Post
DaisyMamma 11:30 AM 08-19-2014
I just had a family come for an interview. I'm usually pretty lax when it comes to interviews but due to recent questioning of policies from current families I decided to present my policies at interview, which I've never done.
Well family walks in and takes over right off the bat asking things and changing my whole "plan."
I didn't get the impression that they werent interested. It was super quick. Mom kept asking dad if he had more quesstions and rushed them out. That's fine,
But how do you keep the parents from steering the interview? I felt like they were interviewing me and I barely said half of what I had to say. Not one mention of any policy. I literally wasn't even given a chance.
I'm thinking perhaps I could do the first interview as informal and meet people and if they are interested they can come back to go over policies? How can they possibly decide if they are interested without hearing anything about any policies? Or maybe they are interested but then after finding out I get 20 paid days off per year they wouldn't be?! So that would be a waste of my time! Maybe send policies through email prior to the visit?
What do you do?
Email interview?
Phone interview?

I'm very aggravated right now. I needed a lot of yard work done and outside cleaning that I've been doing since Sunday and then of course I had to clean inside after neglecting it for outisde stuff. And I had to retype all of my paperwork because of a computer crash. If only I hadn't procrastinated on all of these things then I wouldn't have to do it all in two days! LOL