View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:09 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Recently, my one year old was moved to a new room at her day care center. This was not unexpected as I knew she couldn't stay with the babies forever. However, shortly after the move, I learned that the center was separating children by the method in which they are paid. Private pay infants and toddlers are in one room together, while infants and toddlers receiving DHS subsidy have not been moved and are grouped by age and like development.

The center is the recipient of a grant, which I believe is issued by the state. The grant provides diapers and formula for children who qualify. The child must receive DHS subsidy to qualify. The grant also provided the center with new furniture including cribs and shelving/cubbies, new flooring and new toys/ equipment for every room. Every room except the "private pay" room.

As a result of these recent developments, my child is now in a disorganized, thrown together, make-shift room with babies much younger than her. Honestly, I'm upset. I want to address this with the director, but I don't want to come forth without solid reasoning and cause unnecessary drama either. I feel like children being separated because of payment method is not ethical. What would you do if you were in this situation.
How did this information come your way?
Also what state is this?

As for approaching the director, just ask.

If it's true, there IS reason to address it.