View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:35 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Medical exemptions are not a choice, it's because A DR said if you do this this or this it can severely hurt or kill the kid (allergies, prior seizures, cancer etc).
I never said medical exemptions are a choice.
I understand how/why someone would need one but THEIR situation has no bearing on my right to exclude when necessary.

I empathize with those in that situation. I am sure it's difficult to find child care or participate in many things.

Medical waivers are not given for all shots either (with a rare exception) but certain ones because of a very real issue for that particular vaccination - you can't just walk into a Dr's office and ask for a Waiver because you are against vaccinations in general.
I know all state's are different but in my state you can. If you are against vaccinations (for whatever reason) you can get an exemption.

Guess you wouldn't have enrolled me in your daycare because my children had 3 vaccinations Medically waived; the one almost killed my youngest at 2 months.
No, I would not have enrolled your children.

Their medical situation does not over ride my reasons for not accepting non-immunized children.