View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 12:54 PM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
Yes I tried being very honest and open with her. I told her that I didn't know what I was going to do come summer. I explained I could not afford to pay her $320 per week, loose $260 on her children's spots. Even half rate thats still $130 I am loosing from her children and not worth her working really. Her response was literally "Oh". Thats it. No trying to remedy the situation, advice nothing. Then we came to the conclusion of salary. She gets paid more during the school year but less in the summer so that it will equal out. With her calling in all the time though, I am getting screwed. I was about to tell her to find somewhere for her children to go or pay half rate and then she came to work crying that they were months behind on their mortgage and I didn't want to ad to that stress! This would still be hard even if she wasn't a friend because I like to help people way too much!
How many hours a day is she there? She gets that long 11-3:30 break...shoot I only get $305/week from my 3 families and I work 5:30a.m.-5-5:30 pm. PLUS I have to pay for food/toilet paper/activities/and all that extra stuff. I have 2 spots still unfilled but I don't want to fill them, I have my hands full with the ones I have now. They are all good, but I have 4 of my own and it's a lot to keep up with.