View Single Post
cheerfuldom 07:20 PM 07-23-2012
I only take fully vaxed children. I have no problem, personally, with a family opting out of vaccines and know many families that do choose that. However, it is in my contract that all children have up to date vaccines. One of the reasons is that I am on my third pregnancy while doing daycare and this is in effort to keep myself and my newborns safe, plus I do take one baby under 12 months at time with my daycare kids. I realize that a vaccination is not a "cure all" and does not guarantee that your child is forever exempt from serious illness....however, this is what I feel comfortable doing in a daycare setting as a preventative measure. I understand that my take on the issue is not what everyone else does, but I wanted to put this out there in support of the OP and other providers. It is important for you to do what you feel comfortable with, and that may be something outside of what the majority is doing.

I have never had anyone question this policy and I find that unvaxed children in daycare is pretty uncommon. A lot of unvaxed kids are from AP style families who arent generally pro-daycare anyway.