View Single Post
sleepinghart 07:40 AM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I just don't see why the OP should have to wait months or years and then offer a refund. If the parent wants it, they should make accommodations to get it in a reasonable amount of time. I think 30-60 days is more than reasonable.
(^^bolding^^ by me)
~I totally agree with what you're saying here. I agree that if the parent wants it they should make arrangements and get it within a reasonable amount of time, but unfortunately it does not seem to be working out that way for the OP. I certainly don't think it's fair if she has to hold on to the money for a very long time either, but in the meantime, the money doesn't belong to OP and I don't think it is doing much harm by sitting in a bank account or in some sock drawer.

(Thriftylady quote)"I just don't see why the OP should have to wait months or years and then offer a refund"(end quote)

~I don't either; I mean it's not fair. However, I don't know the law, or even if there is one, on how long the client is entitled to ask for her money back...This is why I suggested she hang on to it as long as possible, or at least until she finds out. I don't think it's likely to happen, but what if this woman comes back say 3-6 months from now, wants her refund, doesn't get it, so then she files in small claims court against OP? Again, I don't think that's likely to happen but I can't be positive. If OP can research and find out the laws with regard to how long she has to hold onto this money that would be great...that's what I'd do and I'd hold on to that money until I found out it was okay not to just to be on the safe side.