Thread: First Clients
View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Even after 24 years in my community, with word of mouth references, I could not stay full only offering 4 days per week.

That requires parents who don't work 5 days a week. Those typically have more fad demands and are unreliable income longterm since they often change providers on a whim. They don't generally need childcare and will remind you of that often for loopholes. They also enjoy writing bad references online.

High risk.
This is true. 4 days a week immediately limits people and if you aren't already "known" in the child care community, that often just comes across as an obstacle parents would rather avoid.

I know many providers that do work limited work weeks but those providers have been in business for decades and some actually run a very limited program taking only 3 or 4 kids (we can have up to 14 here) so I agree with Cat Herder about that probably being your biggest obstacle.

As for not wanting to burn out, I'd think about just closing one Friday a month and having family time/day. Or limit your daily hours so you arent working 14 hour days...
Build your clientele and then start tweaking your program hours.