View Single Post
mamamanda 06:13 AM 03-25-2015
You might check out the babysleepsite.com, as they have a link titled toddler nap tips under their free resource tab. There might be some suggestions there you haven't thought of. My first thought was "how much is this child sleeping at night?" By 20 months I would think he'd need 12-14 hours of sleep each day. Typically, I've found kids this age to need about 12 hours of night time sleep with about a 2 hour nap each day, but I don't see how he could be getting anywhere near that amount of night time sleep if he is at your house by 5:45 am. If he doesn't always nap in the morning, could you maybe try to go back to a two nap schedule like for an older infant? Maybe keep him up when he gets to your house for a couple hours, then down for a morning nap around 8? Then you could either lay him down for afternoon nap with the other dcks or lay him down an hour after them to keep him asleep during therapy time? Don't know if that would help or not, but those are my thoughts. Hope it works out for you!