View Single Post
Heidi 10:20 AM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
In reality, DCB1 should be arriving FULLY awake and ready for the day. No matter the time. Buuuuuut if you aren't having issues with him, then I like to go with the whole "if it isn't broke...why fix it?" line of thinking.

For DCB2, I am honestly thinking he is just not a good fit for your program. ESPECIALLY because mom thinks it's funny. THAT alone would have me pretty miffed as a cornerstone of my program is expecting parents to work with me in order to do whats in the best interest of the child.

If DCB2's mom can't start figuring out how to help HER child be successful in your program, perhaps it's time she start looking for a program that allows kids to have zero structure and no rules.

Do NOT allow her to make your day cruddy and as of right now, I see her as the root of these issues.

I wouldn't change anything for dcb1. For dcb2, I'd only change where he sleeps so that the other's are less likely to be disturbed. Get a box fan, a white noise machine and some lullabies too in between their rooms. No matter what he's doing...sleeping, crying, singing, etc., he doesn't get up until nap is over.