Thread: SA Rate??
View Single Post
DaisyMamma 06:47 AM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
Ok.....
I have two SA kids already. I know I have underwritten myself. I wasn't expecting to have more than one or two. Now I might have four come Sept!
If I am taking on that many and filling spots, I need to know if I am on the right track.

Right now I only charge $30 (flat fee if they come or not). I don't charge anything for half days but they have to pack their own lunch. And I charge an additional $20 for a full day on top of the $30. I know I am WAY under. I am eating the cost of extra care for half days and I even take a loss for the full day because I round down. My full day fee is $24 but I figure it is easier to whip out $20 than $24. I know I know. But it started with just one. It wasn't meant to be a money maker.

How much do you charge? What about when school is a half day? What about when there is holidays/school closings and the kids need to come all day? Do you charge if they come or not? A daily or flat fee? Do they bring their lunches or do you provide? Do you have any special rules or regulations? Do you give sibling discounts for SA (i know this one is coming so better ask around) What about homework? Do you help or allow them to do it there?
Take what you think you should charge and double it They are so much work!

I charge $75/week. Includes snack only. Half days add $10, still snack only but 2 snacks. Full days add $25 includes breakfast, 2 snacks, lunch. Or complete full time week for vacas is $175. And even then I tend to say no to SA inquiries unless they have a younger sibling enrolled.