View Single Post
Unregistered 07:10 PM 06-10-2013
Actually, I think the situation is that we will have to pull the kids.

My kids gave me a play-by-play account in person and so did dh after they got home. Everything they told me matched and even a nearby neighbor heard it. It was nothing to do with the early drop off, no it was that when the husband alerted her, my youngers when they got to the door knocked on it more than once. Kids are kids and silly and that kind of stuff is just stuff you let roll off your shoulder. She SCREAMED according to my dh, the kids and the nearby neighbor who thought something was wrong! They won't be pulled for that reason alone, though.

I found out today that the dcp wants to allow my child to walk home alone, and not from a close place, after school. I JUST found out today at pickup when I mentioned something about the school year schedule and she didn't ASK but she TOLD me this was what would happen. I am NOT ok with a 10yo child walking home alone or even with anyone a long distance (it's about 1 mile from the school to dcp's house)!

NOT happening. . The child she'd be walking with (supposedly) is the dcp's own child and he's not very responsible, has terrible grades, and in fact, is repeating this year.

Sounds to me like this was just the spring board into finding new care. I really don't know what to do. We will only need a couple hours a couple days per week. We thought about letting my child ride a bus and go straight home (like less than 500 feet from bus stop) on those days and stay by herself. She does know what to do in case of emergency.