View Single Post
daycarediva 11:25 AM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
"I honestly think they should shut it down, because if they can't keep an eye on her, they can't keep an eye on the other kids," Borum said.

"Protocol is, when you let the kids go, you check the whole checklist down and make sure everyone's checked out. Who was supposed to check that checklist?" Jones said."

Ummm where were you mom?!! honestly what the daycare did was horrible but where the heck were the parents in all of this? If a daycare closes at 6pm and you show up at 7pm where the heck do you think your child is???

At the centre where I used to work if we couldn't get a hold of a late parent or they couldn't be there at closing then the police and Child Protective Services were called. The daycare should have called the police.
The cops should have been called on the parents! if I child is left here an hour past closing, I have called parents with no response. I have called back up with no response you can bet your butt I am calling the authorities.

ETA- but yes the staff member responsible should be let go. They either forgot she was there (bad enough) or intentionally left her alone. EEK.