View Single Post
daycare 03:02 PM 03-18-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I started thinking about this after reading another thread on here. I am in a same sex relationship and have a day care in my home. I always introduce my girlfriend as "my roommate" when people come for interviews because I don't believe it is their business what our relationship is, but of course they will meet her. I have certainly had potential clients act strangely during the interview and sometimes I feel it is because of that. Would you exclude me as a caregiver for your child because of this? Has anyone else ever had a similar issue? My girlfriend always feels bad and says she thinks itsher fault when the interview doesn't work out, I just say I'd rather find out they are uncomfortable now, rather than later if they didn't meet her at the interview.
nope would not be an issue for me. BUT I would say this.

If someone had a problem with it, then they are not the right fit for you and your program.

You don't have to disclose that information, you don't ask them what they do behind closed doors, and they shouldn't either.

People don't choose me sometimes I am certain because of my culture and it's ok, I don't take it personal. They just weren't for me. I have learned to let it go.

You only want the ones that are the right fit and you can't change people. Even if you could, you wouldn't want to.

Tell your SO not to feel bad. It's not her fault people feel that way and learn to let it roll off your back. who you choose as your partner has zero affect on the care you will provide.