View Single Post
Blackcat31 05:09 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Red:
You are correct, we aren't just talking about NY. NY waited too long to take measures and that's why it got so bad here. Other states are learning from that mistake and taking measures before things get that bad. It is awful to see businesses go under and people going without any income. I am one of those people, but I am still doing my part to protect myself, my family and other people.

Here is a scenario for you to consider: Let's say you go to the grocery store unmasked, and there is a person standing in line behind you (also unmasked and not standing far enough away from you). That person sneezes in your face and you go home and carry on as usual. Then in about 5 days your healthy spouse becomes extremely ill. You bring him to the hospital but they're overloaded with other patients so your spouse doesn't get the treatment necessary and dies. How would you feel at that moment? Could you have done more to stop the spread? This is one of the reasons why the government is imposing these orders. This is why it's important to follow the orders.

I agree that we all must have rights but some people continue to make poor choices even when presented with facts against those poor choices.

Governors began all of this by giving guidelines and people had choices. From those choices, the virus kept quickly spreading and overwhelming the hospitals, so the state government took away the choices by making those guidelines into laws and enforcing them to better protect everyone.
That’s my point ... who has the right to decide what’s a poor choice?

Many don’t believe the facts presented by the government are facts. Everyone has a choice and if you (general you) are concerned about people not wearing a mask, stay home.

That’s easier than forcing people that don’t agree to follow rules they don’t agree with.

Trust me when I say I fully understand risks but I get to decide what’s right for me/family.

Many providers chose to close in order to protect their families even though their state didn’t mandate them to. That is the the right I’m wanting to protect. People shouldn't be ordered to do things they don’t necessarily agree with because someone else said it’s right.

There is so much conflicting info being circulated that people need to educate themselves and make choices that are right for them verses blindly following the masses. Every situation is different and the variables are abundant so one blanket rule does not and should not apply to all.