View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:21 AM 04-20-2020
I don't understand something. Nothing new there. Up until this point, we've been allowed to leave our state borders and cross the river to go to Walmart, etc. We're talking small town America on both sides here and Walmart is a mere 17 miles away. There have been many police cars at the border watching, taking count maybe? But yesterday a woman was made to return home even though her trip to Walmart was to get a prescription filled so now she has to get an okay from her doctor.
Is the law different with all of your states' borders? I've seen nothing about not being able to cross over except for a sign that says you need to self-quarantine for 2 weeks after.
I know some areas are very strict about this and I understand they're trying to decrease the spread in this way but, unless I missed something, wouldn't they announce it somewhere? And how do they enforce an action like that; I'm thinking of all the secondary roads into the next state?

Some of what they're doing, seems to be un-doable and creates resources being taken away from other avenues that would clearly need them also. At one point, there were 3 state police cars at the border, watching, counting. There is so much confusion between such different rules, expectations, laws between states, etc. It leaves so many gaps. I read all of last week's local newspapers yesterday(got caught up) and I'm beginning to be swayed more to the side of reopening more(all the editorials made a lot of sense!). Safely, slowly, protectively, in an intelligent way to support the health of the individual along with supporting small business and the economy. There has GOT to be a compromise.
And yes, politics has got to stand aside for all of this. It has nothing to do with control and power. Covid-19 has all that at the moment.