View Single Post
daycarediva 12:05 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
At the center we did one of 2 things:

1. Write a notice and physically hand it to the parent. We did this the day before the field trip and it said "as of *date* payment has not been made for *activity*. Please pay for *activity* no later than pick up time today if you would like your child to attend *activity* on *date*. Please be aware that non-payment will result in *child* not being able to participate in *activity*." No payment = no participation.

2. If we couldn't keep the child back because it was a whole school activity we would write a notice stating that if payment was not made, we would not be able to provide care for the child either that day OR during the hours we were gone for the field trip.
This is exactly what I do. I won't exclude, as I don't have an assistant and cannot hold them back. BUT they can't attend that day.

If so many of your families are really struggling with the field trip $, maybe limit costlier trips to once/month. I did a children's museum (the cost was $17/kid) my kids were free because we have a membership, and I gave everyone four weeks notice and some parents were still upset about the cost.